The Gift Guru

Welcome to the Gift Guru! I want to be your first stop for all your gifting needs!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

SIPPIN' IN STYLE

It may just be how my mind works, I don't really know.  I'm always on the lookout for a cute solution to a problem that also makes a really cute gift.  I guess I think I'm less of a dork if the reason for my gift is to solve some problem or to add a little zip to something ordinary.


My mother in law is a big sipper, like me.  We always have something to drink with us even if we're just walking into the yard.  It's a habit but also a healthy choice since we live in Alabama (hot-n-steamy most of the year!)  She is also very devoted to her family.  Because her kids (and all of us that come with them) are spread out in a 1 hr. drive minimum and 2 hr. drive maximum radius, she spends a lot of time on the road.  She's a regular and very welcome visitor in our home and usually grabs a coffee mug of coffee or green tea on her way out the door.  No big deal right?  Right!  let me be very clear, I don't care that she takes my mugs.  Not only does she give them back, but they come back cleaner than they were at my house and I have more mugs than I will ever use.  What I do care about is her.  She's very pretty and especially stylish (for a grandmother....he he) and has really helped me find my personal style and add some cute to my overall look.   She likes to drink from glass or ceramic.  She'll do it, but plastic and styrofoam just aren't her thing.  So when I saw these adorable mugs from One Kings Lane, I knew I had to get one for her (and of course one for me too)
                                               


Aren't they adorable?  The mug itself is perfectly sized to fit perfectly into a car cup holder, is thick and the color is clear coated and not easily scratched.  The lid looks plastic doesn't it?  Well its actually a flexible silicone that fits snugly on on the mug and cleans totally with no lingering stains.  Function and style all in one cute gift.


Classic Coffee and Tea also has an adorable set of heart shaped mugs that I am trying hard to find a giftee for.  Anybody want one???




Let me know if I can help you find the perfect gift for the special people in your life.


Give a gift.  Be a gift.  It feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment