The Gift Guru

Welcome to the Gift Guru! I want to be your first stop for all your gifting needs!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Busy Thursday

I hope you are having a great day!  Me?  I've had a day already and it isn't even 2pm.

Have you ever brought a 10 yr old and a 12 yr old to work with you for 1 hour?  Yeah, that's right...one of the longest hours of my life!  We invest a lot of money in these hand held games, gadgets and gizmos to keep them occupied before heading to the pediatrician (who by the way, only has mid-morning appointments available...EVER!) and what do they do?  Well fight of course but that's normal....no, they want to draw, on sticky notes, while laying on the floor of my small office that everyone in the office has to walk by as they come in to work.  So random.  This lovely hour was followed by a wild car ride to the doctors office during which both of my daredevil son's absolutely LOST IT over the chance that they would need a flu shot?  Are you kidding me?  These are the same two boys that have shot each other with every weapon available to them; NERF, airsoft, paintball, BB, rubber band or whatever else they can find.  They are afraid of a shot???  Give me a break.  But the best of all was the smacking, kicking and name calling involved when trying to decide who had to receive the flu mist first.  Sooooo embarassing!  I would have thought they would have been so relieved to not have to get the shot, that they would have gladly stepped forward to sniff their mist.  I will never figure boys out, big or little!  Children are gifts from God, Children are gifts from God....I need to be reminded of this right now! 

I'll have a charming, beautiful, "aha" moment inducing post tomorrow, but for today I'll leave you with a quote.


Make all you can, save all you can, give all you can. ~ John Wesley


No comments:

Post a Comment